Monday, April 25, 2011

Standard #10 Artifact

Course ED 262: Family and Community Resources
Communication with Parents
INTASC Principles                                                                                                                              NAEYC Initial Licensure Standards: #10
During my Family and Community class at Missouri Valley College, I planned several ways to communicate with the families of my future students through lessons I was given in this class. I placed this artifact under the standards #10 because I believe that these projects could be used in my classroom to effectively communicate with families of future students and build better family and community relationships.
This artifact is a great beginning of the year brochure to help students and parents are ready for the first day of kindergarten. I also know that my student’s parents might not be English readers so what I liked about this project is that I also learned how to make a brochure in any language. I also have in this section is a family night project that we also did in this class which would be a great family and community builder.

Tracy Norman
The School Address
City, MO zip



To the 1st grade Parents,
            On Monday October 21, 2013 we are having another fun family night! The theme for this family night is “Dinner and a Movie”. We will be starting off the night with some fun recipes that you and your child could easyly make at home that not only are delicious but also nutrious. While we are enjoying are fun foods we will be watching a movie. The movie we picked was “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs” to keep with the fun food theme.
Thank you,
Tracy Norman

No comments:

Post a Comment